Friday 13 September 2013

light my fire!

Emily's natural habitat?
I met Emily from the the Tinderwood Trust Forest School this week and I forgot to take her photograph! Doh! so I had to go out in the woods and take a photo of where you might find her.

Please click on the link and read all about the Forest School - I can't do it justice here. Suffice to say it's an educational approach that gives children hands-on experience of making and doing all sorts of things outside in the natural environment. Emily is bringing some exciting stuff to the Meet the Makers Market.  She'll be outside in the square at Hebden Town Hall whatever the weather lighting a fire!!! AND teaching everyone to light their own fire without matches!! (I'm so excited about this, I cannot speak.)  And there will be whittling of sticks so that you can put a marshmallow on the end and toast it!

I think what Forest Schools do just sums up "making and doing" - gaining confidence and a sense of achievement and pleasure in the process.  And I think you will see this in the work that our makers produce. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment